Model Parliament 2014 (MPSP14 or MP14SP) was the model parliament simulation held from in the Centre Block House of Commons from January 24 to 25, 2014, with opening ceremonies held on January 23.
Election Results Edit
On election night on November 28, the SWAG party won 105 seats to form government. STYLE formed the Official Opposition with 53 seats, while CATS became the third party with 30 seats with 7 independents taking the backbenches. This meant that SWAG would form a rare majority government, not seen in living memory. However, additional by-elections left the majority hanging in the balance, with the government at one point edging just below majority before regaining it in time for the opening of the new session.
|Party||Number of Seats||Position|
Major Events Edit
- Part of The House Era
- The first majority government achieved without a coalition
- Birth of the Connolly Protocol
- Conflict with Frengland
News Articles Edit
Steve Baikan of the was the primary news reporter during MPSP14, reporting from the "Chronicle Chronicle". Below are a collection of articles that Baikan wrote through the year.
- When the Shame is as Small As your Skirt
- Four is MORE than a crowd...
- And another one bites the dust...
- SWAG Government Falls; STYLE's Riddle Named New PM
- Riddle Accused of Being Threat to Public
- The Prime Minister Stands his Ground
- Les Jardins suspendus de Toronto
- Real Problems? Nah I Just Want My Lime
- And they're off!
- Veteran MPs Bring Political Baggage
- Bigger Not Always Better
- Expensive Whisky, a trip to Panama, and a Whole Lot of Entertainment
- Like a duck on a June Bug
- What is a minister...?
- The Ripple that Became a SWAGanami
- Attention Moldus! Le ministere de la magie debarque a Ottawa!
- STYLE's Young Caucus: Refreshing or Reckless?
- Le francais, important ou pas?
- What STYLE has in store.
- Dernieres Nouvelles Franches!
- The Plight of our New PM
- The Return of Shane (Shame) Mackenzie
|Governor General||Thomas Simpson|
|Deputy Speaker||Chris Radojewski|
To see the full online booklet, go here.